Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Dr. Seuss


ROSE ROOM FUN!!!
Guess who had a birthday today? Doctor Seuss! I thought it would be fun to celebrate by creating a sensory bin filled with colorful rice, felt alphabet letters, trees, Dr. Seuss style...lots of color, texture and imagination!



My friends had so much fun filling plastic eggs with treasures, opening and closing little boxes, and some were even naming the alphabet letter they found hiding under the rice.






Since learning colors is a theme in Rose Room, my friends also created their own sand painting! They had a choice of colorful sands, glitter, and sticky paper.












Using plastic shakers filled with the sand, my friends created their sand art with such enthusiasm and energy! Lots of Oooos and ahhhhhhs, and more please....
















The colorful sands were piling up high on the sticky paper....but no problem; their little hands got to work...rubbing, spreading, mixing...I ended up pouring colorful sand directly onto the tables for more exploring and sensory fun!













All that beautiful, sparkly sand won't go to waste...I just created another sensory bin with my friends...filled with all that left over sparkly sand plus sifters, cups, and hollow tubes.

Have a great weekend!

Teacher Rosemary and Rose Room